Whether you want the convenience to bid anywhere with our online or simulcast auctions, or you’d like to experience the excitement of a live auction, Becker has you covered.
Click the auction type below to view details on how to participate in each type of auction.
Online auctions allow you to purchase items from estate sales, liquidations, commercial equipment, and more easily and conveniently from your computer or mobile device. Please read below for instructions on how to bid on an online auction.
- Login or register on our Hibid auction site by clicking the “Login/New Bidder” link at the top of the page. Once you have created an account, you will be issued a bidder number.
- Once you register and create an account with Becker Auction, you can browse our current auction listings and search for the items you like.
- If you are a current user but forgot your password, you can update your information here.
- When you find an item you wish to bid on, click the “Place Bid” button by the item description or on the item detail page. Place bids with the intent to purchase; if your bid is the highest at the item’s closing time, you have won that item and you are responsible for payment and pickup of your winning items.
- You will be asked to enter a maximum bid amount. By entering this amount, you are authorizing our online auction system to place bids for you, up to the amount you specify as your maximum bid, in the event that another buyer outbids you. Your maximum bid must be higher than the current bid for the item, and higher than the minimum bid amount if one is specified. Maximum bid amounts are kept private from other bidders.
- If another buyer outbids your maximum bid amount for item, our auction system will email the address you registered your account with to notify you that you are no longer the current winner. You will have the option of logging back into the auction site and increasing your maximum bid amount. You may do this at any time up to the closing time of the item.
- The items close at 4 items per minute (one every 15 seconds). Not all items will end at the same time. The highest bidder at the time of close will win the item.
- If an item has any bids placed within 5 minutes of its closing time, there will be “extended bidding.” This means the item will have an additional 5 minutes of bidding until there is 5 minutes of inactivity, at which point the bidding will be closed.
- A buyers premium is added on top of the final bid price for each item. This percentage can be found in the terms for each auction, but is typically 13% if paying with a credit/debit card and 10% when paying via cash, check, or wire transfer.
- Each auction will include information on how to pay for and where to pick up your winning items! Please contact us if you have any questions. We do not offer shipping for our auctions at this time. Winners are responsible to arrange for their items to be removed at the proper place and time.